Stand By Ladakh
Julley, here we are with a campaign to bring you closer to the peaceful and sturdy people of Ladakh. Living in the lap of Himalayas, protecting the crown of India, these lovely, smiling people bring life and color to those barren mountains. The people of Ladakh lead a nomadic and rustic life, living close to nature these people are sincere and honest.
Since ages LADAKH stood the test of times through Annexations, Wars, Trade, Spiritual callings and a bursting tourism. LA-DAKH literally means ‘The Land of High Passes”, has been a place of interest for scholars, traders, travellers, saints and historians since time immemorial. It’s such a people-friendly place, that one visit and you would be welcomed like a family. We at Paper Weight Entertainment have been lucky to have our share of wonderful experiences.
It is believed in Ladakhi Society that every man, must cultivate his piece of land or maintain his herd i.e keep their traditional occupation going on as basics of livelihood, apart from any modern-day service someone opts for. Besides the traditional occupations, the people of Leh and its nearby areas depend highly on tourism, however it is seasonal and for a limited time period. however, the most difficult occupation is that of the herders, the ones who seek out the cold, the elemental ingredient essential to trigger the growth of the fine coat of the goats. And for it, they embrace a lifestyle honed to perfection over centuries and based on a beautiful symbiosis.
The Changpa’s, protect the goats from wild animals and feed and nurse the young when the mother goats run dry. In return, the animals offer them sustenance, giving milk and butter, meat, wool and hide. The Changpa’s’ face a multitude of threats, the border issue’s and the Chinese incursion, which happened in Eastern Ladakh, the people in the Changthang region will be the first to be adversely affected if the tensions increased. This region is also considered as one of the most backward region in terms of the conventional education system and its related competition, it is becoming a serious barrier for the young students in coping up with life and developing world. It is here that NGO – S.A.V.E ( Students Association for Village Education) has been working since the past 12 years. The Students Association for Village Education-SAVE aspire to achieve the goal of making Changthang a better place with the means of Modern Education and Ancient Traditional Wisdom. This year, due to both the Covid 19 pandemic and also the Chinese incursion, the NGO was not able to reach out to many. In such tough times, this NGO has been dedicating themselves to help the Changpa’s. the SAVE intends to organize and manage the Winter Coaching for the Students of Changthang, where along with academic we plan to provide them space to experience other scopes of learning and practicing in real life. With this campaign, we would like to raise funds which can help SAVE in organizing this activity and helping out the young minds, amongst whom lies the future of our country.
We at Paper Weight Entertainment, strongly feel that in such trying times, when the people of Ladakh, the true patriots of our country, are feeling a sense of hopelessness, we should stand by our country men. The main aim of this campaign are as follows:
- Create a Documentary film, which shall help in bringing out the stories of Ladakh. The film shall be an important tool to bring about awareness to the lives of Ladakh. when we travel to a place as a tourist our experiences are very different. however once we understand the things people do, the cultures, the lifestyle they follow, we understand our fellow countrymen. we intend to bring out stories of people who are affected the most due to the border tensions, but have stood strong and loyal to their motherland in every situation.
- In collaboration with SAVE NGO, organize the Winter Coaching Event. It’s not just about education, it’s about creating an environment for the young minds to explore and find a dream for themselves.
1) How the funds will be utilized ?
The raised funds will be utilized in two ways :
1) Creating a Documentary film, which shall help in bringing out the stories of Ladakh. The film shall be
an important tool to bring about awareness to the lives of Ladakh.
2) Collaborating with SAVE NGO for providing better educational facilities to our Ladakhi kids.
2) How will we know that the funds are actually being utilized for the said reason ?
EFG will ensure the progress of work and it will get updated with authentic videos and images
40,962 Raised out of 10,00,000
Note : Dear NRI donor, kindly use Indian cards to donate.
Your share could be as good as a donation
Stand By Ladakh
|Winter Coaching & Education||700000|